The Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF) envisions a world where gender is not a barrier to safety or success and women and girls have equal social, political, economic, and religious opportunities.
What Drives Us
Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF) works to advance the status of women and girls in the US and Israel through strategic grantmaking, advocacy and education, and leadership development programs to create long lasting social change.
what we do
- Award over $200,000 each year in strategically invested grants to organizations locally, nationally, and in Israel
- Invest in research to assess the greatest needs of women and girls in our community
- Create educational programs for local community members to learn more about key issues impacting women and girls in the US and Israel
- Empower women of all ages to be informed, strategic philanthropic leaders
- Engage men in preventing violence against women and creating a world where men, as well as women, are not limited by narrow gender roles
Our work is based on Jewish values including Tzedakah (Justice), Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World), and Gemillut Chassadim (Acts of Loving Kindness). We strive to uphold Jewish values as individuals and as an organization. Our relationships thrive when we work with individuals, partners, and organizations that share these values. Our values serve as a reminder of how we strive to work together and accomplish our goals.
- Promote respect, caring, and support.
- Embrace and consider diverse perspectives and views.
- Empower people to grow and learn through coaching, mentoring and encouragement.
- Be honest and nonjudgmental.
- Establish effective communication.
- Express different opinions in a thoughtful manner- be able to respectfully disagree.
- Focus on finding solutions.
- Foster collaboration and cooperation.
- Listen and incorporate varied perspectives.
- Stay true to mission.
- Innovate and try new ideas.
- Be optimistic: We are working to change the world and we are proud of the work we do.