Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF) creates long-lasting social change to advance the status of all women and girls in the US and Israel.
The Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF) envisions a world where gender is not a barrier to safety or success and all women and girls have equal social, political, economic, and religious opportunities.
Our work is based on Jewish values including Tzedakah (Justice), Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World), and Gemillut Chassadim (Acts of Loving Kindness). We strive to uphold Jewish values as individuals and as an organization.
- transforming culture is the way to elevate the status of women and girls.
- women and men are impacted differently by policies, practices, and institutions.
- when women have opportunities and knowledge, they are empowered to make choices.
- using our collective voices and resources amplifies our impact.
- being resilient allows us to navigate and adapt to change.
what we do
After a yearlong strategic planning process which included stakeholder participation, JWF has identified economic security and empowerment for women and girls as our priority social change focus beginning in July 2021.
Our goal is to support and improve opportunities and activities that position women and girls for long term success and financial independence, including:
- Funding programs and projects aligned with JWF’s goals
- Advocating for better statewide policies, tracking bills, and convening elected officials for legislative updates
- Providing financial management and literacy workshops geared towards women’s experiences led by female experts
- Educating the community about key financial challenges facing women and girls in the US and Israel through webinars, panel discussions, public conversation, and grantee site visits
- Developing the next generation of leaders through JWF’s two leadership programs, No Small Change and Young Leader’s Society
For more information about membership or getting involved, please call our office at (561) 275-2200.